Generate the offline activation file on the offline server (the seat for your license).
To generate the offline activation file:
- Run the WhatsUp Gold Full Install file for your product on the offline server.
- Select the language you want the installer to use. Click OK. The Welcome screen appears.
- Select Advanced installation, then click Next. The installer will check for prerequisites and will display the results in the System Check screen.
- Review the System Check screen, and when all items have been resolved, click Next. The License Information screen appears.
- Select Use offline activation mode, then click Next. The Option: Offline Activation screen appears.
- Click Activate Offline. The WhatsUp Gold Activation dialog appears.
- Click Generate File. The Save As dialog appears.
- Save the license.ofa file and transfer it to a computer with Internet access.
NOTE: You may click “Cancel” to stop the activation process if you are unable to finish; the activation process can be restarted later and the license.txt file is used to complete the offline activation.
Upload the offline activation file to the Progress licensing server from a computer with Internet access. The Progress licensing server will generate a license file (license.txt).
On the server where you transferred the license.ofa file, go to the Offline Activation page in the Progress Community.
- Login to Community as user.
Scroll down to bottom of page looking for "Resources."
- Select Activation and Licensing which will take you to the Need Help - Licensing and Activation page.
- Go to the link for Offline Activation. Click on the link which will open a new page for "Offline Activation."
- Go to bottom of page:
- Select your method of offline activation: -- select method--
- "Upload of OFA File" Submit
- In the Offline Activation section, select Upload OFA file as your method of offline activation. The Browse and Submit menu appears.
- Browse to the location where you saved the offline activation file (license.ofa). Click Submit. The license file (license.txt) will be downloaded.
- Save the license.txt file and move it to the offline server.
On the offline server, restart or continue with the Progress product installer from the Activation dialog.
- On the installer's WhatsUp Gold Activation dialog, click Next.
- Browse to the location on the offline server that you stored the license.txt file, then click Open. The location of the license.txt file is loaded.
- Click Activate. The success message appears. "The license was successfully activated on this computer.
- Click Finish. The installer will resume installation of your Progress product.